Inflammation is considered a major physiological defense mechanism, helping the body protect itself against infections, burns, toxic chemicals, allergens or other toxic irritants. Uncontrolled inflammation may be a factor in chronic diseases. Now, there is a number of analgesic anti-inflammatory drugs which belong to nacotics, corticosteroids and nonsteroidal drugs. However, most of them have side effects.
Application and Development News
On the afternoon of March 3, 2020, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) officially announced the successful manufacturing of the SARS-COV-2 Virus Diagnostic Kit by the research team led by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dong Van Quyen and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dinh Duy Khang from the Institute of Biotechnology.
On July 25th, in Hanoi, the Institute of Biotechnology under Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) held a ceremony to open the Center for DNA Identification.
On the morning of May 17, 2019, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) held a ceremony to present the Tran Dai Nghia Award to winners in 2019 on the occasion of Vietnam Science and Technology Day and 44 years since the establishment of the VAST. Attendants at the ceremony were Mr. Vu Duc Dam, member of the Party Central Committee and Deputy Prime Minister; Mr. Phan Xuan Dung, member of the Party Central Committee, Chairman of the National Assembly Committee for Science, Technology and Environment; Mr. Chu Ngoc Anh, member of the Party Central Committee, Minister of Science and Technology; Mr. Nguyen Thanh Long, Deputy Head of the Party Central Committee Commission on Popularization and Education; and representatives from central ministries and agencies as well as from Vinh Long province, the homeland of Professor and Academic Tran Dai Nghia.
On May 9, 2019, President of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, Professor and Academic Chau Van Minh approved the Decision to present the 2019 Tran Dai Nghia Awards to 10 authors of 4 outstanding projects.
On April 13, 2019, at the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), the Council of Tran Dai Nghia Award 2019 held its final meeting to assess the scientific and applied characteristics of especially excellent works submitted by specialized science councils before putting forth important conclusions about the number and value of awards.
- Workshop “Opportunities and challenges of Vietnam’s physic and materials science sector” marks 80th birthday of Academic and Professor Nguyen Van Hieu (July 21, 1938 – July 21, 2018)
- 2019 Tran Dai Nghia Award launched
- Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology participates in the International Industry 4.0 Summit and Exhibition 2018
- Genk STF, GHV KSOL and GHV BONE – Products transferred from research results and received title “High-quality product and branch 2017”
- Announcement of application marking new step in 3D animation technique using mathematical foundation in the No.1 Computer Graphics Journal
- Technological process of zeolite Cu2 production used in treatment of water environment for aquaculture and production of micro fertilizers