The US Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City has coordinated with the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the Vietnam National Space Center (VNSC) under Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) to organize a workshop on research on land cover and land use change and its impacts in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.
International Cooperative Activities
On the occasion of the state visit of the Delegation of the Republic of Belarus to Vietnam, on September 26th, 2019, a delegation of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (NASB) led by Prof. Acad. Chizhik S.A, the first Vice President of NASB, paid a working visit to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST).
On July 30th, 2019, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) held a conference to review five years of Vietnam’s IIASA membership, and directions for activities in the 2019-2024 period.
On July 17th, 2019, Dr. Erica Key, General Secretary of Belmont Forum, paid a working visit to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST). She was accompanied by Prof. Hsu Hui Huang, Counselor, Director of Science and Technology Division of Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Vietnam; and Prof. Yue-Gau Chen, Academia Sinica, Taiwan (China).
On June 10th, 2019, Prof. Acad. Chau Van Minh, President of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), received the U.S delegation led by Charles Frank Bolden Jr., former General Director of the US Agency for Aeronautics and Space (NASA) and the Honorary Ambassador to the Universe of the U.S.
On October 26, 2018, VAST solemnly held a ceremony to present the Medal of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) to Prof. Dr. Marie-Georges Olivier, Head of Materials Department, Mons University, the Kingdom of Belgium, for having contributions to building and developing VAST.
- Vietnam takes over Committee on Earth Observation Satellites 2019 Chairmanship
- Strengthening cooperation with French partners in science, technology and education
- French Ambassador pays working visit to VAST
- Japan’s Osaka University honours Prof. Acad. Chau Van Minh, VAST president, as collaborative professor
- Sixth joint survey between Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and Russian Academy of Sciences in Vietnam's waters by vessel Akademik Oparin
- Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam provides farewell reception for USTH Rector