From January 29th to 31st, the first Vietnam – US open seminar on solar energy transfer components and material took place at Norfolk hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. The event was held by the Institute of Applied Materials Sciences in coordination with the National Science Foundation – International Materials Institute at Northwestern University. It was supported by many organizations, including NSF, NAFOSTED, VAST, IAMS, and Agilent Technologies.
International Cooperative Activities
On February 16th 2012, a delegation of senior cadres from Champasak province, led by Sonexay Siphandon, member of the Executive Board of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party Central Committee, secretary and chairman of the province, paid a working visit to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST).
The Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) has coordinated with the Wallonie Foreign Trade and Investment Agency and Wallonie-Brussels International Agency to hold a workshop on the role of technology transfer agencies in human and economic development on March 13th at VAST’s Big Hall at 18 Hoang Quoc Viet street.
On 6 July 2011, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on scientific cooperation with the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). This was an important event, opening up an opportunity for collaboration between the two scientific academies in the future.
On 13 July 2011, a delegation from the Kingdom of Belgium led by Ambassador Hurbert Cooreman paid a working visit to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST). Professor Chau Van Minh, VAST President, Dr. Ninh Khac Ban, Head of the international cooperation board, and members from the management board of VNREDSat-1 space project received the delegation.
On May 19, a delegation from the Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST) led by Vice President, Prof. Yuseku Kawakami paid a working visit to VAST. Prof. Chau Van Minh, VAST President, and representatives from the international cooperation board and research institutes under VAST welcomed the delegation.
- VAST database to be improved with the addition of ScienceDirect Freedom Collection
- Japanese delegation visits Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- Delegation of headmasters from universities in Wallonie region and Community of French speaking Belgium visits VAST
- Belgian delegation visits Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- President Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology visits Laos
- Signing ceremony of Memorandum of Understanding of project on doctorate training cooperation between the Institute of Biotechnology, College of Natural Sciences, College of Technology and Greifswald University (Federal Republic of Germany)