The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is the agency of the United State government responsible for implementing the space exploration programme and aeronautics research such as organizing piloted flights, satellite and earth observation automatic stations, as well as carrying out long-term research tasks supporting the military and civil aeronautics system.
International Cooperative Activities
On July 25th to 27th 2012, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) held a workshop on inclusive renovation with the Global Research Alliance (GRA).The workshop drew the participation of Prof. Dr. Sc. Duong Ngoc Hai, VAST vice chairman, leaders from the Department of Application and Development of Technology, the Department of International Cooperation, scientific councils of 21 institutes under VAST and GRA delegation, including manager of GRA Dr. Bart Follink and representatives from institutes under GRA.
On July 23rd, 2012, a delegation from the Lao Ministry of Science and Technology led by Prof. Dr. Boviengkham Vongdara, member of the Central Committee of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party, Minister of Science and Technology of Laos, and president of LNAS, paid a working visit to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST).
From June 23rd to 30th 2012, a delegation of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) led by Prof. Chau Van Minh, member of the Party Central Committee and VAST president, paid a working visit to Astrium SAS company under EADS, France.
In recent years, more parasitic diseases are being transmitted through food from animals to humans given the favourable conditions for their development and ease of spreading. Parasitic diseases not only cause damage to people’s health, possibly fatal, but consequent economic damage. It is important to conduct epidemiological studies to diagnose and propose suitable methods of prevention, treatment and care, in order to protect the community at large.
On May 29th 2012, Prof. Chau Van Minh, president of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) received Ranjit Rae, India Ambassador to Vietnam.
- VAST president visits Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Signing ceremony on cooperative agreement between Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and RoK’s Pusan National University
- IOC/WESTPAC-HAB symposium and the 2nd IOC/WESTPAC-TMO–HAB training course at Institute of Oceanography in Nha Trang
- Delegation from the Science Council of Asia and Science Council of Japan visit Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- First Vietnam – US open seminar on solar energy transfer components and material
- Senior cadres from Lao’s Champasak province visit VAST