The Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) has coordinated with the Wallonie Foreign Trade and Investment Agency and Wallonie-Brussels International Agency to hold a workshop on the role of technology transfer agencies in human and economic development on March 13th at VAST’s Big Hall at 18 Hoang Quoc Viet street.
International Cooperative Activities
On 6 July 2011, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on scientific cooperation with the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). This was an important event, opening up an opportunity for collaboration between the two scientific academies in the future.
On 13 July 2011, a delegation from the Kingdom of Belgium led by Ambassador Hurbert Cooreman paid a working visit to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST). Professor Chau Van Minh, VAST President, Dr. Ninh Khac Ban, Head of the international cooperation board, and members from the management board of VNREDSat-1 space project received the delegation.
On May 19, a delegation from the Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST) led by Vice President, Prof. Yuseku Kawakami paid a working visit to VAST. Prof. Chau Van Minh, VAST President, and representatives from the international cooperation board and research institutes under VAST welcomed the delegation.
The digital library of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) has been expanded to include many foreign publications, both improving the quantity and quality of the information avalible to staff. Despite its limited information the digital library of the VAST has been serving the technological science staff in the academy for the past two years. In order to better serve the professional work of these staff, the Institute for Scientific Information has made extra efforts in supplementing the digital library with basic databases and online magazines of prestigious publishers such as the ScienceDirect database by Elsevier Publisher. Other online magazines like APS and AIP of the American Physical Society, IOP of the British Institute of Physics, and ACS of the American Chemical Society have also been added to the VAST database.
On May 10th, Prof. Chau Van Minh, President of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and representatives from the Department for International Cooperation and Vietnam Space Technology Institute received a delegation from Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.
- Delegation of headmasters from universities in Wallonie region and Community of French speaking Belgium visits VAST
- Belgian delegation visits Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- President Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology visits Laos
- Signing ceremony of Memorandum of Understanding of project on doctorate training cooperation between the Institute of Biotechnology, College of Natural Sciences, College of Technology and Greifswald University (Federal Republic of Germany)
- Signing ceremony between project management board “Vietnam Universe Center” and JICA Consultant Group on investigative research to prepare for a project to cope with climate changes and disasters utilizing the monitoring system by satellite
- Conference “Research on influenza A virus subtype H5N1 in Vietnam and Thailand: molecular epidemics, diagnosis and vaccinate prevention”