On May 8th 2012, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) held a signing ceremony on establishing the cooperative agreement between VAST and Pusan National University (the Republic of Korea). This important event opened research opportunities for both sides in the fields of education and training, and science and technology.
International Cooperative Activities
The Institute of Oceanography held the IOC/WESTPAC-HAB symposium on research on the blossom of toxic seaweed in the future and the second IOC/WESTPAC-TMO–HAB training course on applying immunologic methods to discover domoic acid in plankton and shellfish from March 15th to 22nd in the central city of Nha Trang. The events were sponsored by IOC/WESTPAC and Japan’s Tokyo University.
In the framework of a visit to Vietnam, on March 12th, a delegation from the Science Council of Asia (SCA) and Science Council of Japan (SCJ) led by Prof. Yoshiko Shirata, general secretary and executive director of the SCA, paid a working visit to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST).
From January 29th to 31st, the first Vietnam – US open seminar on solar energy transfer components and material took place at Norfolk hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. The event was held by the Institute of Applied Materials Sciences in coordination with the National Science Foundation – International Materials Institute at Northwestern University. It was supported by many organizations, including NSF, NAFOSTED, VAST, IAMS, and Agilent Technologies.
On February 16th 2012, a delegation of senior cadres from Champasak province, led by Sonexay Siphandon, member of the Executive Board of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party Central Committee, secretary and chairman of the province, paid a working visit to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST).
The Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) has coordinated with the Wallonie Foreign Trade and Investment Agency and Wallonie-Brussels International Agency to hold a workshop on the role of technology transfer agencies in human and economic development on March 13th at VAST’s Big Hall at 18 Hoang Quoc Viet street.
- Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) and Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) sign Memorandum of Understanding on scientific cooperation
- Delegation from the Kingdom of Belgium pays working visit to VAST
- Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology delegation pays working visit to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- VAST database to be improved with the addition of ScienceDirect Freedom Collection
- Japanese delegation visits Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- Delegation of headmasters from universities in Wallonie region and Community of French speaking Belgium visits VAST