On April 14th 2011, a delegation of headmasters from universities in Wallonie region and Community of French speaking Belgium paid a working visit to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST).
International Cooperative Activities
On March 3rd, 2011, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology received a delegation from the Kingdom of Belgium, led by Jean Claude Marcourt, Vice President of Governments of Wallonie region and French-speaking Community of Belgium, and Minister of Economy, Foreign Trade, New Technologies, Graduate and Post-graduate Training. The delegation was welcomed by Prof. Chau Van Minh, President of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, and representatives from the Department of International Cooperation and institutes under Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.
The first visit to the Lao Commission of Science and Technology by Prof. Chau Van Minh, member of Party Central Committee and president of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology on March 7th and 8th 2010, was a an important event, opening the possibility for comprehensive cooperation between the two countries in the field of science and technology in the future, firstly in the 2011-2015 period.
The project on doctorate training cooperation between the Institute of Biotechnology (the Vietnam Academy of Sciences and Technology), College of Natural Sciences (Vietnam National University, Hanoi), and Greifswald University (Federal Republic of Germany) (JGEP in short) from 2002 to 2010 sent 80 postgraduates to the Federal Republic of Germany. Over 70% of them graduated with excellent and good certificates. A multitude of scientific research was printed in prestigious international scientific magazines.
On August 16th 2010, a signing ceremony between the project management board “Vietnam Universe Center” and JICA Consultant Group on investigative research to prepare for a project to cope with climate changes and disasters utilizing the monitoring system by satellite took place at the Vietnam Academy of Sciences and Technology. The event was witnessed by leaders from the Vietnam Academy of Sciences and Technology and representatives from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
In the morning of July 9th 2010, at the Vietnam Academy of Sciences and Technology, a conference on tasks of Vietnam-Thailand protocol was held under the theme “Research on influenza A virus subtype H5N1 in Vietnam and Thailand: molecular epidemics, diagnosis and vaccinate prevention”.
- JICA delegation visits and works with VAST
- Delegation from New Zealand Ministry of Science and Technology visit and work at the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- Vietnam – Russian Federation cooperation on biological active products and marine biological diversification of Vietnam
- Science workshop entitled: “From Biodiversity to Biotechnology”
- The signing ceremony of the agreement on the establishment of the technical and scientific cooperation and development center between FEB RAS and VAST
- Signing of agreement on scientific cooperation between the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and the Spanish National Research Council