The digital library of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) has been expanded to include many foreign publications, both improving the quantity and quality of the information avalible to staff. Despite its limited information the digital library of the VAST has been serving the technological science staff in the academy for the past two years. In order to better serve the professional work of these staff, the Institute for Scientific Information has made extra efforts in supplementing the digital library with basic databases and online magazines of prestigious publishers such as the ScienceDirect database by Elsevier Publisher. Other online magazines like APS and AIP of the American Physical Society, IOP of the British Institute of Physics, and ACS of the American Chemical Society have also been added to the VAST database.
International Cooperative Activities
On May 10th, Prof. Chau Van Minh, President of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and representatives from the Department for International Cooperation and Vietnam Space Technology Institute received a delegation from Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.
On April 14th 2011, a delegation of headmasters from universities in Wallonie region and Community of French speaking Belgium paid a working visit to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST).
On March 3rd, 2011, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology received a delegation from the Kingdom of Belgium, led by Jean Claude Marcourt, Vice President of Governments of Wallonie region and French-speaking Community of Belgium, and Minister of Economy, Foreign Trade, New Technologies, Graduate and Post-graduate Training. The delegation was welcomed by Prof. Chau Van Minh, President of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, and representatives from the Department of International Cooperation and institutes under Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.
The first visit to the Lao Commission of Science and Technology by Prof. Chau Van Minh, member of Party Central Committee and president of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology on March 7th and 8th 2010, was a an important event, opening the possibility for comprehensive cooperation between the two countries in the field of science and technology in the future, firstly in the 2011-2015 period.
The project on doctorate training cooperation between the Institute of Biotechnology (the Vietnam Academy of Sciences and Technology), College of Natural Sciences (Vietnam National University, Hanoi), and Greifswald University (Federal Republic of Germany) (JGEP in short) from 2002 to 2010 sent 80 postgraduates to the Federal Republic of Germany. Over 70% of them graduated with excellent and good certificates. A multitude of scientific research was printed in prestigious international scientific magazines.
- Signing ceremony between project management board “Vietnam Universe Center” and JICA Consultant Group on investigative research to prepare for a project to cope with climate changes and disasters utilizing the monitoring system by satellite
- Conference “Research on influenza A virus subtype H5N1 in Vietnam and Thailand: molecular epidemics, diagnosis and vaccinate prevention”
- JICA delegation visits and works with VAST
- Delegation from New Zealand Ministry of Science and Technology visit and work at the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- Vietnam – Russian Federation cooperation on biological active products and marine biological diversification of Vietnam
- Science workshop entitled: “From Biodiversity to Biotechnology”