On March 29th, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) and Quang Nam provincial People’s Committee signed a cooperation agreement on science and technology in the 2017-2020 period.
Sentinel Asia, an initiative of the Asia-Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum (APRSAF), aims to work with international organizations to support natural disaster mitigation activities in the region. This is an initiative of great significance for member countries, especially for Vietnam – the country greatly affected by natural disasters.
On March 27, 2017, a delegation from Slovak Embassy in Vietnam led by Ambassador Igor Pacolak paid a working visit to VAST. Professor and Academic Chau Van Minh, VAST President, and representatives from the International Cooperation Department, the Institute of Material Sciences and the Nature Museum of Vietnam received the delegation.
On March 14, 2017, Professor and Academic Chau Van Minh, President of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), received Mr. Bertrand Lortholary, Ambassador of the Republic of France to Vietnam, and Mr. Bernard Legube, President of the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH) Consortium.
On March 6, 2017, VAST President received and awarded VAST insignia to Mr. Jean Pascal Torreton, IRD Representative in Vietnam, for his contribution to cooperation and the development of VAST – IRD relations over the past 8 years.
From 3 to 6 April 2017, CEBioS organised a GTI uptake meeting on the collaboration between entomologists from the RBINS and the Vietnam National Museum of Nature (VNMN) in Vietnam.
- Recent development and implementation plan 2017-2022 of Vietnam Space Center Project
- Working visit of delegation from Italy’s Trento University
- Visit by Japan’s Osaka University delegation
- Ceremony to congratulate authors of Ho Chi Minh Award in science and technology in 2016 and present certificates of merit of VAST to the Institute of Mathematics and 2 magazines: Vietnam Journal of Mathematics and Acta Mathematica Vietnamica
- VAST delegation works in Central Highlands
- VAST increases application of scientific research results