In implementing of the roadmap for marine scientific research cooperation between the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) and the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) for the period 2018 - 2025 signed on February 5, 2018, in Hanoi, VAST and RAS employed a maritime research vessel Akademik Oparin from July 12 – 28, funded by both sides.
Academic and Professor Nguyen Van Hieu, former Party Central Committee member, former Head of the Vietnam Institute for Science, and former Director of the National Center for Technological and Natural Science, is a manager who has strategic vision and devotes his life to scientific research, always thinks of solutions to the development of the national science. Being a leading Vietnamese scientist, especially in physics and materials science, he is considered a scientific monument belonging to the generation of leading scientists of Vietnamese science. To recognize his lifetime contributions to the national science, and show respect over Academic and Professor Nguyen Van Hieu, on July 21, 2018, the Institute of Physics and the Institute of Materials Sciences solemnly held a workshop “Opportunities and challenges of Vietnam’s physic and materials science sector” to mark his 80th birthday (July 21).
The Institute of Chemistry is a leading research agency of chemistry in Vietnam. It was established according to Decision 230/CP dated September 16th, 1978, of the Prime Minister, with the task of researching oriented basic issues in the field of chemistry; researching applications; training chemistry researchers; and building cooperation in research and training with domestic and foreign organizations.
On July 16th, 2018, the Graduate University of Science and Technology under Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) held a ceremony to open the Master's degree program and recognize the PhD students (July 2018), award doctorate degrees (July 2018), announce the chairman of post-doc projects in 2018 and honour outstanding achievements in scientific publications in 2017.
On September 13, 2018, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) held a ceremony to launch the Tran Dai Nghia Award in 2019, in order to honour the individual scientist who has scientific and technological works excellently applied in natural sciences and technology.
On August 20th, at the Office of the Government, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam received Prof. Patrick Boiron, Rector of the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH), on the ocassion of the end of his working term in Vietnam.
- Ceremony awards insignia and announces decision on appointing USTH Acting Rector
- Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology participates in the International Industry 4.0 Summit and Exhibition 2018
- USTH collaborates with Airbus to announce new aviation training program
- Ceremony of awarding the Labor Medal of the State President to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology cadres
- Celebration of Vietnam Science and Technology Day on May 18, 2018 and the 43th anniversary of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (May 20, 1975 - May 20, 2018).
- Delegation of the Czech Republic House of Representatives’ Committee for Science, Education, Culture, Youth and Sports pays working visit to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology