At present, the respiratory infection caused by the new strain of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is spreading aggressively. In this situation, on March 2nd, 2020, VAST Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control held a meeting to deploy epidemic prevention and control at the academy. Immediately after its outbreak in Vietnam, Hanoi saw new cases of COVID-19, and VAST Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control requested immediate disinfectant spraying of the Central Building, A1 building and the Institute of Information Technology, on the night of March 8th, 2020.
Based on the conclusions of the Head of VAST Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control at the meeting on March 2nd, 2020, VAST issued Document 387/ VHL-VP dated Mar.5, 2020 to ask subordinate units to enhance COVID-19 prevention as follows:
• Develop a plan for COVID-19 prevention and control at the academy and a response plan if the epidemic occurs in the unit; Actively update the epidemic situation and enhance the dissemination of the COVDI-19 situation among officials, public servants and employees; Send a report on the epidemic prevention plan and response plan for COVID-19 to the Academy, update the disease prevention situation every Friday.
• Review, manage, supervise closely and take specific measures for officials, employees, workers and visitors to work in units that have come from orgone through epidemic affected regions and countries; Implement the Health Ministry's Decision 343/ QD-BYT on Feb.7, 2020, on temporarily guiding the surveillance and prevention of COVID-19; Report to VAST individuals coming from or going through epidemic-affected countries or regions from November 2019 to the present.
• Strictly implement the Health Ministry’s Document 490/ BYT-MT on Feb.6, 2020 on prevention and control of acute respiratory infections caused by new strains of Coronavirus in the workplace, documents and other recommendations of the health sector on COVID-19 prevention and control.
• Units actively work closely with health facilities in the area where the office is located on monitoring, updating and timely reporting of suspected and related cases.
• The University of Science and Technology of Hanoi and the Graduate University of Science and Technology implement VAST’s direction and follow the instructions of the Ministry of Education and Training to ensure safety when training activities start again.
Spraying disinfectant on the night of March 8th, 2020
Equipping dry hand sanitizer and dissemination at elevator
Translated by Tuyet Nhung
Link to Vietnamese version