On June 10th, 2019, Prof. Acad. Chau Van Minh, President of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), received the U.S delegation led by Charles Frank Bolden Jr., former General Director of the US Agency for Aeronautics and Space (NASA) and the Honorary Ambassador to the Universe of the U.S.
On June 10th, the Vietnam National Space Center, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), coordinated with the U.S Embassy in Vietnam to organize a seminar entitled “Generation Space Exploration and Commercialization of Space” in Hanoi.
In Hanoi, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Pham Anh Tuan, General Director of Vietnam National Space Center (VNSC) under Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, and the representative of Hokkaido University, Japan, have signed a memorandum of cooperation agreement on control, operation and sharing of MicroDragon satellite data.
On February 26th, the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH) under VAST held the opening ceremony for the Aeronautical Laboratory at the university.
On January 8th, 2019, an open contract signing ceremony 2019 for components of the project on building the national specimen collection of Vietnamese nature took place at the Vietnam National Museum of Nature.
On April 12, 2019, the Hanoi University of Science and Technology (USTH) (Vietnam – France University), held a meeting of the university council for the 5th time. Participants included Professor and Academic Chau Van Minh, Party Central Committee member, President of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, and Chairman of the university council; Bertrand Lortholary, French Ambassador to Vietnam; Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dinh Thi Mai Thanh, acting rector of USTH; the university council members; and representatives from ministries, universities and Vietnamese and French research institutes.
- Meeting reviews 2018 work and sets out 2019 plan of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- International workshop “Applying remote sensing and technology for environment and natural resource monitoring”
- Vietnam and France determine to bring University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH) to international standard
- Ceremony to award VAST medal to Prof. Dr. Marie-Georges Olivier
- Vietnam takes over Committee on Earth Observation Satellites 2019 Chairmanship
- Workshop on energy labeling and certification for LED lighting products