On December 25th, 2019, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) organized a conference to review its 2019 work and deploy its plan for 2020.
In October, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) and the Vietnam National Space Center (VNSC) welcomed the Committee on Earth Observation Satellites (CEOS) to Hanoi for the annual CEOS Plenary meeting, where leaders from the world’s major space agencies decide upon the direction of collaborative efforts in the Earth observation domain. Numerous priorities were discussed, including the 2019 CEOS Chair Initiative, CEOS climate activities, CEOS Analysis Ready Data, and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), among many others.
On the occasion of the state visit of the Delegation of the Republic of Belarus to Vietnam, on September 26th, 2019, a delegation of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (NASB) led by Prof. Acad. Chizhik S.A, the first Vice President of NASB, paid a working visit to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST).
On September 17th, 2019, a ceremony to announce and award the decision recognizing the Chairman of the University Council and Rector of the University of Science and Technology (USTH) Hanoi took place at the university.
Implementing Prime Minister's Decision 28/2018 / QD-TTg on Jul.12, 2018, on electronic document sending and receiving among agencies in the state administrative system, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) has actively implemented synchronously and unified activities.
Under the authorization of the President of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), Director of the Institute of Marine Environment and Resources Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tran Dinh Lan has presented insignia to two foreign professors who are working at Japanese universities.
- Vietnam-Australia cooperation on building innovation ecosystem
- Conference to review Vietnam’s five year IIASA membership and directions for activities in 2019-2024 period
- Seminar on scientific research and technology transfer in industrial revolution 4.0
- General Secretary of Belmont Forum Dr. Erica Key visits VAST
- Plastic waste pollution: Management solutions and scientific research
- Center for DNA Identification under the Institute of Biotechnology put into operation