On 27 July 2015, Mr. Bruno Angelet, Ambassador from the Kingdom of Belgium to Vietnam had a farewell meeting with the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology before the end of his term in Vietnam. Professor and Academic Chau Van Minh, VAST President; Assc. Prof. Dr. Ninh Khac Ban, Head of International Cooperation Board; and Dr. Bui Trong Tuyen, Vice Head of the Space Technology Institute and Head of the small satellite project management unit, attended the reception set for the Belgian ambassador.
On April 23rd 2015, a mass art performance in the northern region took place in Hanoi to mark its 40th founding anniversary (May 20th 1975 – May 20th 2015).
On the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the normalization of relations between Vietnam and the United States, Mr. Frank A. Rose, Assistant US Secretary of State in charge of Controlling, Audit and Compliance weapons issues and the delegation paid a visit to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) and the Vietnam National Satellite Center(VNSC).
VAST has held a ceremony to mark its 40th founding anniversary (May 20th, 1975 – May 20th, 2015) to review its development over the past 40 years.
In December 2014, after consideration and assessment, VAST with its clue of the Vietnam National Satellite Center, was admitted by the Group on Earth Observation (GEO) as its 96th member.
On December 27th, VAST held a conference to review works in 2014 and carry out plan for 2015.
- Conference on space technology and application
- International workshop: Green energy and growth in ASEAN 2014
- Presenting VAST insignia to Quach Phung Dieu
- Vietnam – Japan cooperation in space technology
- President of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology checks and supervises the implementation progress of Vietnam Space Center Project
- Navy High Command present certificate of merit to Center for Control and Exploitation of Small Satellite