A ceremony to announce Decision No 1245/QĐ-TTg of Prime Minister on the appointment of Assoc. Prof. Dr. Phan Van Kiem to work as Vice President of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) took place at the academy on August 1st.
On August 26th, a delegation of the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Central Committee led by Nguyen Thien Nhan, Politburo member and chairman of VFF Central Committee, paid a working visit to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST).
On August 22nd 2014, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) honorably welcomed representatives from the National Assembly (NA) Committee on Science, Technology and Environment led by Phan Xuan Dung, member of Party Central Committee, member of NA Standing Committee, and head of the NA Committee on Science, Technology and Environment.
On August 26th, Prof. Chau Van Minh, President of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, received Prof. Pierre Sebban, Rector of the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH) on the occasion of his contract completion in Vietnam.
The Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) and the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) have forged a strong, traditional and cooperative relationship over many years. In 1970s, many cadres from VAST were sent to study in Bulgaria with the cadres returning to become excellent scientists.Several are now playing an important role for the country in science.
On February 17th, at the Representative Office in Ho Chi Minh City, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) held a ceremony to inaugurate the Southern Satellite Technology Application Center, under the Vietnam National Satellite Center.
- Delegation of Ministry of Science and Technology visit VAST
- Satellite project BOM work with Lockheed Martin Space Systems
- Bulgarian Ambassador visits VAST
- US Deputy Assistant Secretary, Frank A. Rose, visits Vietnam National Satellite Center
- Signing ceremony of contracts on scientific study tasks under the Central Highlands Programme 3 starting from 2014
- Results of fieldtrip: Parabolic Flight 2013 test by Vietnamese students at JAXA