From January 29th to 31st, the first Vietnam – US open seminar on solar energy transfer components and material took place at Norfolk hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. The event was held by the Institute of Applied Materials Sciences in coordination with the National Science Foundation – International Materials Institute at Northwestern University. It was supported by many organizations, including NSF, NAFOSTED, VAST, IAMS, and Agilent Technologies.
On February 16th 2012, a delegation of senior cadres from Champasak province, led by Sonexay Siphandon, member of the Executive Board of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party Central Committee, secretary and chairman of the province, paid a working visit to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST).
The Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) has coordinated with the Wallonie Foreign Trade and Investment Agency and Wallonie-Brussels International Agency to hold a workshop on the role of technology transfer agencies in human and economic development on March 13th at VAST’s Big Hall at 18 Hoang Quoc Viet street.
On November 3rd 2011, the State Professor Title Council issued Decision 117/2011/QĐ-HĐCDGSNN to recognize those meeting the criterion for the titles of professor, 34 teachers and associate professor, 274 teachers. Two teachers from Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) were recognized to meet the criteria of professor, and 11 teachers the associate professor title. This recognized the constant contribution of scientists from VAST for the cause of national science and technology development and training.
On February 3rd, 2012, the Executive Board of the Science and Technology Programme for Socio-economic Development in the Central Highlands (Central Highland Programme 3) held a meeting to review the programme’s activities in 2011 and implement its plan in 2012.
The Prime Minister has approved the “master development plan of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) until 2020 and orientations for 2030” – an important decision for the Academy’s future. The plan includes vision, objectives, orientations, and action plan for development.
- VAST and VASI sign science and technology cooperation agreement
- VAST meets press agencies on the New Year
- Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) and Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) sign Memorandum of Understanding on scientific cooperation
- The signing ceremony of a contract on scientific and technological cooperation between the Institute of Environmental Technology, the centre for technological support and services with the New technology application and tourism one member company limited
- The conference on the project to develop hi-tech applied agriculture until 2020 and the program supporting the application and transfer of scientific and technological progress to serve rural and mountainous socio-economic development in the 2011-2015 per
- The Institute of Oceanography opens a showroom on Paracel and Spratly sea and island resources