On November 3rd 2011, the State Professor Title Council issued Decision 117/2011/QĐ-HĐCDGSNN to recognize those meeting the criterion for the titles of professor, 34 teachers and associate professor, 274 teachers. Two teachers from Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) were recognized to meet the criteria of professor, and 11 teachers the associate professor title. This recognized the constant contribution of scientists from VAST for the cause of national science and technology development and training.
On February 3rd, 2012, the Executive Board of the Science and Technology Programme for Socio-economic Development in the Central Highlands (Central Highland Programme 3) held a meeting to review the programme’s activities in 2011 and implement its plan in 2012.
The Prime Minister has approved the “master development plan of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) until 2020 and orientations for 2030” – an important decision for the Academy’s future. The plan includes vision, objectives, orientations, and action plan for development.
On January 12th, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) and Vietnam Administration of Seas and Islands (VASI), under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, signed a science and technology cooperation agreement at the academy. The agreement aims to promote and effectively apply the resources of each side in carrying out tasks of science and technology cooperation; promote cooperation between VAST and VASI on basic investigation, sea environment and resource management, and sea science and technology development in order to serve state management in synthesizing and unifying seas and islands of VASI.
On February 16th, on the occasion of the New Year of the Dragon, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) held a meeting with reporters and journalists to strengthen understanding and coordination between the academy and press agencies.
Participants included Nguyen Quang, representative from the Party Central Committee’s Commission of Popularization and Education, and reporters from central and Hanoi press agencies such as Vietnam Television, the Voice of Vietnam, Vietnam News Agency, Hanoi Television and Radio Station, Science and Life Newspaper, People Newspaper, Science and Development Newspaper, Scientific Activity Magazine, Science and Fatherland Magazine, People’s Army Newspaper, Law Newspaper, Family and Society weekly Newspaper and Labour Newspaper.
On 6 July 2011, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on scientific cooperation with the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). This was an important event, opening up an opportunity for collaboration between the two scientific academies in the future.
- The signing ceremony of a contract on scientific and technological cooperation between the Institute of Environmental Technology, the centre for technological support and services with the New technology application and tourism one member company limited
- The conference on the project to develop hi-tech applied agriculture until 2020 and the program supporting the application and transfer of scientific and technological progress to serve rural and mountainous socio-economic development in the 2011-2015 per
- The Institute of Oceanography opens a showroom on Paracel and Spratly sea and island resources
- The handing over of Spratly Islands map made of coffee bean of Me Trang coffee corporation for the Museum of the Institute of Oceanography
- Delegation from the Kingdom of Belgium pays working visit to VAST
- Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Thien Nhan pays working visit to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology