On March 26th, 2011, a seminar on the situation of scientific research stations took place at the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology. The seminar drew the participation of Prof. Nguyen Dinh Cong, vice president of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology; Le Dinh Thao, office chief of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology; Dr. Nguyen Trung Minh, deputy head of the Department of Planning and Finance, and representatives from institutes which are operating scientific stations nationwide.
The earthquake and tsunami on March 11th 2011 was assessed as the biggest disaster in Japan since the Second World War. Images of the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear crisis in Japan continue to draw the attention and sympathy of Vietnamese people. To respond to the fundraising call from Vietnam Red Cross, cadres and staff at the Trade Union of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology contributed to support Japanese people and offered sincere sentiments for the Japanese people.
On March 17th 2011, the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology held the first Creative Festival for Youth in Central Agencies in 2011.
Nowadays, the incessant development of digital technology has helped e-transactions become more and more popular. Digital signatures are used to ensure document’s legality in the e-environment and ensure equivalent value as signatures on paper documents. In the future, digital signatures will be used with applications related to e-government, so people can interact with state agencies through the Internet. Realizing the necessities of digital signature application, the Informatics Centre built software for e-signature and document encoding which was made public at an exhibition of products to mark the 35th founding anniversary of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology. On March 4th 2011, the Informatics Centre coordinated with the academy’s office to organize the first training course for leaders of the office and heads and deputy heads of sections under the office of the academy, to speed up the application of digital signatures in administrative activities. The training course aimed to introduce digital signature technology and explain the safety and effectiveness of digital signature solutions, as well as the potential application capacity of this technology.
A new Intelligent Museum Guide System by the Center for Information Infrastructure Development under Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) will give vital information about the life of President Ho Chi Minh in different languages such as English, French and Chinese. It will be easy to use and will automatically present recorded information about the relics at each visitor site without the need to wear earphones or press any buttons.
On March 8th, 2011, a ceremony to present Kovalevskaia awards took place at the Centre of Women and Development at 20 Thuy Khue street, Tay Ho district, Hanoi to encourage female scientists to try their best and contribute to the nation’s scientific and technological development. The event was held by the Vietnam Women’s Union and the Kovalevskaia Awards Committee. The awards were presented to two outstanding female scientists, including Assoc. Prof. Dr. Luong Chi Mai, Vice Director of the Institute of Information Technology under Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology for her outstanding scientific contribution, especially in the field of recognizing scripts and voices.
- Belgian delegation visits Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- President Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology visits Laos
- Institute of Geography to build an observation station for geography and environment of Northern Delta
- Signing ceremony of Memorandum of Understanding of project on doctorate training cooperation between the Institute of Biotechnology, College of Natural Sciences, College of Technology and Greifswald University (Federal Republic of Germany)
- Signing ceremony between project management board “Vietnam Universe Center” and JICA Consultant Group on investigative research to prepare for a project to cope with climate changes and disasters utilizing the monitoring system by satellite
- Politburo member and permanent member of the Party Secretariat, Truong Tan Sang, pays a working visit to the Vietnam Academy of Sciences and Technology