The Institute of Chemistry is a leading research agency of chemistry in Vietnam. It was established according to Decision 230/CP dated September 16th, 1978, of the Prime Minister, with the task of researching oriented basic issues in the field of chemistry; researching applications; training chemistry researchers; and building cooperation in research and training with domestic and foreign organizations.
On July 16th, 2018, the Graduate University of Science and Technology under Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) held a ceremony to open the Master's degree program and recognize the PhD students (July 2018), award doctorate degrees (July 2018), announce the chairman of post-doc projects in 2018 and honour outstanding achievements in scientific publications in 2017.
On September 13, 2018, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) held a ceremony to launch the Tran Dai Nghia Award in 2019, in order to honour the individual scientist who has scientific and technological works excellently applied in natural sciences and technology.
On August 20th, at the Office of the Government, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam received Prof. Patrick Boiron, Rector of the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH), on the ocassion of the end of his working term in Vietnam.
On August 22, 2018, the Vietnamese Academy of Science and Technology held a solemn ceremony to award insignia for Prof. Patrick Boiron - Principal and Prof. Radjesvarane Alexandre, Head of Research, Innovation and Transfer of Technology, of the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi when the two professors ended their working terms; and presented the decision on appointing the USTH Acting Rector title to Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dinh Thi Mai Thanh since September 1, 2018. Attending the ceremony were Professor and Academic Chau Van Minh, Party Central Committee member, Secretary of the VAST Party Committee and VAST President; Mr. Olivier Sigaud, First Counselor of the French Embassy in Hanoi; VAST Vice Presidents: Prof. Dr.Sc. Nguyen Dinh Cong; Assoc Prof. Dr. Phan Vam Kiem; and leaders from the departments assisting VAST President and staff of the USTH.
The International Industry 4.0 Summit and Exhibition 2018 with the theme “Vision and development strategy in the age of industry 4.0” co-hosted by the Government and the Party Central Committee Commission on Economics, a large-scale event attended by nearly 2,000 domestic and foreign delegates, opened on July 13, 2018.
- USTH collaborates with Airbus to announce new aviation training program
- Ceremony of awarding the Labor Medal of the State President to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology cadres
- Celebration of Vietnam Science and Technology Day on May 18, 2018 and the 43th anniversary of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (May 20, 1975 - May 20, 2018).
- Delegation of the Czech Republic House of Representatives’ Committee for Science, Education, Culture, Youth and Sports pays working visit to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- Lao Ministry of Science and Technology delegation pays working visit to VAST
- Strengthening cooperation with French partners