On March 1st, 2018, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) coordinated with Japan’s Ministry of Environment to organize a workshop on decentralized wastewater treatment.
On May 5, 2018, at the Vietnam Space Center (the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology) the Global Learning and Observation to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE) training workshop took place. Attending the workshop were Dr. Vu Anh Tuan - Deputy Director General of Vietnam Space Center, Dr. Tony P. Murphy - Director of GLOBE Implementation Office (GIO), and representatives of leaders and teachers from Hanoi – Amsterdam School for Gifted Students, the Experimental Secondary School and Nguyen Tat Thanh Secondary and High School, together with representatives of some other relevant agencies.
On April 16, 2018, the Graduate University of Science and Technology held a ceremony to announce decisions on meeting standards and handing over the 2017 decisions to appoint as Professors and Associate professors 45 teachers and scientists from the Vietnamese Academy of Science and Technology. Attending the ceremony were Academic and Prof. Chau Van Minh - member of Central Party Committee, Secretary of VAST Party Committee and VAST President; Assoc. Prof. Phan Van Kiem, VAST Vice President; Prof. Dr. Phan Ngoc Minh, VAST Vice President and Director Graduate University of Science and Technology; Prof. Dr. Nguyen Quang Liem, Permanent Deputy Secretary of the VAST Party Committee; Assoc. Prof. Dr. Van Van Hoang – member of the Secretariat of the State Council for Professor Title of Vietnam, leaders of VAST research institutes and departments, as well as teachers and scientists who are appointed professors and associate professors in 2017, together with their friends, families and colleagues.
On April 11, 2018, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences jointly organized the “Dialogue with scientists to solve obstacles in registration, research, testing of scientific projects and programs”. Party Central Committee member and Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam attended the dialogue.
Micro Dragon satellite has been successfully built. It is waiting for the Japanese authorities to issue a safety license to be launched into space by late this year.
On March 19, 2018, Academic Chau Van Minh, President of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), received a delegation from the French Embassy in Vietnam led by Mr. Hervé Ochsenbein, Economic Counselor, Chief Representative of the Economic Agency of the French Embassy in Vietnam. Attending the reception were Dr. Bui Trong Tuyen, Head of the Space Technology Institute; and Dr. Ninh Khac Ban, Head of International Cooperation.
- VAST representative joins seminar of Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) on STEM Education 2018
- Workshop on enhancing coordination in support of Sentinel Asia’s mapping, sharing and exchanging information in emergency cases
- Project "Application of GAINS model in air environment management in Vietnam" launched
- The International Workshop on Technological Needs Assessment (TNA) on Climate change Mitigation and Adaptation in Southeast Asia: Experience Sharing and Technology Transfer
- Handing-over ceremony of laboratory of the project on strengthening capacity of scientific research and technological development to the Lao National Institute for Sciences
- Meeting summarises Party work in 2017; orientations, tasks and solutions in 2018