In order to enhance cooperation between the two training units under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), the Graduate University of Science and Technology (GUST) and the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cooperation on October 30.
On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of ASEAN, ASEAN member countries honoured ASEAN biodiversity heroes in Manila, the Philippines. Vietnam’s representative, Scientific Prof. Dr. Dang Huy Huynh, former Director of the Institute of Ecology and Biological Resources of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, Vice Chairman of the Vietnam Association for Conservation of Nature and Environment, and Chairman of the Vietnam Zoology Association, was awarded this noble title.
Academic and Prof. Nguyen Van Hieu, former President of the Vietnam Academy of Science (now the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology), a leading scientist, has made contribution to Vietnam’s science in general and the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology in particular. He has carried out diverse national and international scientific research projects.
Vietnam National Space Center attended the 31st Committee on Earth Observation Satellites (CEOS) PlenaryFrom 18th to 20th October 2017, Dr. Pham Anh Tuan, General Director of Vietnam National Space Center (VNSC), Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) attended the 31st CEOS Plenary organized by United States Geological Survey (USGS) in Rapid City, South Dakota, USA.
On August 1, 2017 in Hanoi, Vietnam National Space Centre held the talk "Vietnam tomorrow", with the French speaker – Academic and Prof. Pierre Darriulat.
The signing of agreements on establishing two category 2 science centres in mathematics and physics in Vietnam, which are recognized and sponsored by UNESCO, is considered a new progress of Vietnam’s science in confirming and increasing its position, assisting Vietnam’s science sector to more deeply integrate into the regional and international scientific communities.
- Cooperation agreement on scientific research and technology transfer signed between Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and PetroVietnam Ca Mau Fertilizer Joint Stock Company
- Scientific and technological cooperation between VAST and Russian and Belarusian partners
- International seminar in cooperation between Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology Information (VAST-KISTI)
- Vietnam National Space Centre cooperates with Management Board of Ho Chi Minh City High Technology Zone
- Hanoi Statement on The 10th Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS) Asia-Pacific Symposium
- 10th seminar “Global earth observation system for Asia-Pacific”